Rules For Read-And-Critique Sessions
The following rules serve simply as a guide. The workshop leaders ultimately run their workshops as they see fit.
1. Length of reading time limit to be set by workshop leader.
2. Critiques are done one person at a time, interruptions are not allowed.
3. Reader may respond to questions or comments only after critique.
4. Critiques will be directed only to work read, not critiques given by others.
5. Only the Art and Craft may be critiqued—not content.
6. "Pickies" (errors in grammar, usage, etc.) are written, not given orally.
7. No one may interject critique/comment until all others are finished.
8. Readers may not explain their work in advance, or defend it against critiques given. If explanation is necessary, the work needs more work!